The Russian leader's invasion of Ukraine has made life complicated for South Africa on several fronts....
- Biden says debt ceiling deal averted ‘economic collapse’
The US president pledges to sign the package into law on Saturday after it cruised through Congress....Continue
- Sanda Dia: Belgium reckons with verdict over black student’s hazing death
Sanda Dia died after being made to consume excessive amounts of fish oil and alcohol in 2018....Continue
- Lake Maggiore boat accident: Questions remain over spy deaths
Intelligence officers from Italy and Israel are among the four people who drowned on 28 May....Continue
- No criminal charges for Mike Pence in documents case
The announcement comes just days before Mike Pence is expected to announce his 2024 presidential bid....Continue
- Twitch streamer Puppers, who lived with MND, dies aged 32
The gamer, known for playing Dead by Daylight, dies after being diagnosed with motor neurone disease....Continue
- Bill Cosby faces new sexual assault lawsuit from former Playboy model
Victoria Valentino claims Cosby raped her after giving her and a friend pills in 1969....Continue
- Cynthia Weil dead: Legendary songwriter dies aged 82
The Grammy winner's hits included You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling and On Broadway....Continue
- Kaija Saariaho: Feted Finnish composer dies at 70
Saariaho, who was suffering from brain cancer, was seen as a leading light of contemporary classical music....Continue
- Jose Mourinho: Roma boss charged for using abusive language towards official at Europa League final
Roma coach Jose Mourinho is charged by Uefa for using insulting or abusive language against a match official at Wednesday's Europa League final....Continue
South Korea: Members of Boy Band Exo Demand Release from ‘Slave Contract,’ Defying Grueling K-Pop Industry
Three members of the superstar Korean pop (K-pop) boy band Exo announced on Thursday they are seeking to terminate their contracts with their record l...
- Report: Nicaragua Torturing Anti-Communists with Sexual Violence, Russian Roulette
The Nicaraguan human rights collective Nicaragua Nunca Mas ("Nicaragua Never Again") released a report this week accusing the communist Ortega regime ...Continue
- Biden Adviser Sperling: Resolving Debt Limit ‘with the Leadership the President Showed’ Stabilized Economy
On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “José Díaz-Balart Reports,” Senior Adviser to President Joe Biden Gene Sperling said that “being able to ...Continue
- Poll: Donald Trump Has Dominant Lead in Nevada
Former President Donald Trump has a dominant lead among Nevada Republicans, a recent survey from American Greatness found....Continue
- RNC Announces Details of First Republican Debate
The Republican National Committee (RNC) on Friday announced the details of the first Republican primary debate, set to be held August 23, 2023, in Mi...Continue
- Exclusive – House China Chief: United States Deep into ‘New Cold War’ with Chinese Communist Party
Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI), the chairman of the newly created U.S. House Select Committee on China, told Breitbart News exclusively that the United St...Continue
- ‘Kink Ed:’ California High School Teacher Placed on Leave After Explicit Lesson on Pleasing the ‘Booty Hole’
A teacher at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California, was caught on video instructing her students on how to have pleasure during anal sex, as ...Continue
- Navy Secretary Touts Ships as ‘Beacons’ for ‘Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’
The Navy Secretary touted its ships as "beacons in every port of call" for "diversity, equity, and inclusion," in a message to the force celebrating P...Continue
- Navy Twitter Account Features Rainbow-Colored Graphic for Pride Month
The Navy's Twitter account changed its cover photo temporarily to a rainbow-colored graphic to kick off the beginning of Pride Month....Continue
- Looney Tunes Uses Bugs Bunny to Celebrate Drag Queens for Pride Month: ‘Get Your Drag On’
Looney Tunes -- the classic children's animated brand from Warner Bros. -- is celebrating Pride Month by encouraging people to dress up as drag queens...Continue
Lumari is a new social sandbox game with cute creatures, building capabilities and more
Gaming startup Proxima emerged from stealth earlier this week, announcing its funding round as well as its inaugural game, Lumari, a social sandbox a...
- The web3 winter isn’t going to thaw anytime soon
There’s something phoenix-like about the crypto world. No matter how high the highs, or how low the ensuing lows, blockchain enthusiasts, founders ...Continue
- Tesla says all new Model 3s now qualify for full $7,500 tax credit
All new Tesla Model 3 vehicles will now qualify for the full $7,500 federal EV tax credit, according to a change in Tesla’s website. The EV tax cre...Continue
- YouTube TV brings the Tennis Channel back three years after removing it
YouTube TV added seven new channels to its lineup on Thursday, which includes the Tennis Channel, Magnolia Network, T2, CHARGE!, TBD, Tr3s Channel an...Continue
- Dumme’s AI video editor creates YouTube Shorts in minutes
Dumme , a startup putting AI to practical use in video editing, is already generating demand before opening up to the public. The Y Combinator-backed...Continue
- Competition concerns in the age of AI
Henry Hauser Contributor Share on Twitter Henry Hauser is counsel in Perkins Coie ’s antitrust and litigation practice groups and has significant e...Continue
- T. Rowe Price has marked down its stake in Canva by 67.6%
Last summer, Blackbird , one of Australia’s largest venture operations, marked down the value of one of its most prized stakes, in the Sydney-based...Continue
- Inside Volkswagen’s big ID.Buzz bet
Volkswagen is betting big on the upcoming ID.Buzz electric van. With availability of the vehicle still a year out, the automaker is counting on years...Continue
- AI doomerism is overblown and other TC news
Many of the leading voices in AI have co-signed yet another ominous open letter warning that we should be “mitigating the risk of extinction from...Continue
- This AI used GPT-4 to become an expert Minecraft player
AI researchers have built a Minecraft bot that can explore and expand its capabilities in the game’s open world — but unlike other bots, this one...Continue
U.S. agency will require evidence that introduced traits don't increase health risks before exempting modified plants from regulation...
- Biden’s plan to tap former North Carolina health chief as CDC director wins praise
Physician Mandy Cohen, who steered state’s COVID-19 response, is also a Washington, D.C., veteran...Continue
- Tiny sensor could guide needles through the body, monitor health from afar
Sand grain–size device could revolutionize biopsies and blood pressure readings, but more studies are needed...Continue
- Mussel poop may help clear oceans of microplastics
Bivalves voraciously eat contaminants, potentially making them easier to clear from the water...Continue
- Why human societies still use arms, feet, and other body parts to measure things
Body-based measurements may have persisted because they are convenient and offer ergonomic advantages over standardized units...Continue
- Hundreds of new primate genomes offer window into human health—and our past
Sequencing efforts reveal lots of inbreeding among species, could aid conservation...Continue
- News at a glance: Long Covid defined, x-rayed atoms, and a tally of deep-sea biodiversity
The latest in science and policy...Continue
- Major U.S. geological survey aims to uncover minerals critical for batteries and microchips
First nationwide mapping in a generation could revive U.S. mining...Continue
- Coral reefs are home to the greatest microbial diversity on Earth
Findings may inform understanding of reefs’ resilience to environmental changes...Continue
- U.S. study will test whether drug combinations can wipe out tumors
Researchers hope pairing drugs will block cancers from developing resistance...Continue
Artifact offers a personalized feed of news and can also translate clickbait headlines using AI. Kev...
The bot plays the video game by tapping the text generator to pick up new skills, suggesting that th...
A young player hoping to be spotted by a Premier League club typically relies on luck as much as tal...
A nonprofit that helps people with body image problems closed its human-run helpline. The chatbot th...
Malaise swept through the company after massive job cuts, mandatory return to the office, and surgin...
We talk to media scholar Ethan Zuckerman about why Twitter became the de facto digital public square...
NEW ORLEANS — Erin Brown recalls all too well the dreadful call he received from his mother in 20...
You’ve reached a standstill with your mother and father, who are in their late 80s. You think the...
[UPDATED at 8:10 p.m. ET] Policy analysts, Democrats, and Republicans dissatisfied with the deal ag...
This week, a federal appeals court ruling concerning opioid manufacturer Purdue Pharma spared its o...
The Host Julie Rovner KFF Health News @jrovner Read Julie's stories. Julie Rovner is chief Washingt...
La enfermedad cardiovascular, la principal causa de muerte entre las personas de 65 años en adelan...
The Heat shot just 2 free throws in Thursday's Game 1 loss. Adebayo isn't interested in hav...
It certainly sounds extreme but perhaps only a trade will save Morant from himself. Even then, that...
We are all set for a very summer transfer window, as the latest transfer news keeps flooding in and...
Novak Djokovic battled into the French Open fourth round for a 14th consecutive year on Friday as C...
“We have a plan. We have an appetite to be a national conference in our makeup from coast to coas...
The opposing team, Dallas United, has withdrawn from the competition. ...